Fried Shrimp recipe is crispy seafood that’s delicious and very easy to make. A deep-fried shrimp coated in flour mixture of black pepper, salt, garlic powder, eggs, and finally breadcrumbs before frying.
A spicy battered shrimp with Cajun seasoning turns a jumbo shrimp into a mouthwatering fries the whole family will love.
Moreover, classic fried shrimps are most peoples favorite it is perfect for all season. However, there are different ways of cooking shrimps to a sweet golden brown color; it can be pan-fried, Baked, Air fry, or cooked in the deep sauce.
Homemade shrimp can also be fried without bread crumbs. When considering what goes well with Shrimps, it can be served cocktail sauce, salsa tomato sauce, and the likes.
How to Make Southern Fried Shrimp Recipe
- 2 Kg jumbo shrimp devein (peel but leave tails on)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 3/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
Method of Preparations
- First of all, clean up the shrimps, ensure you peel but leave tails on, part dry, and set aside.
- Secondly, in a deep bowl pour in the all-purpose flour, salt, garlic powder, and pepper; stir together to combine properly.
- Thirdly in a separate deep medium-size bowl break and whisk the eggs; while the third flat plate is for the breadcrumbs all ready to be used.
- Then dip each shrimp into the flour mixture, after that deep it into the whisked egg; and then roll it into the bread crumbs to coat evenly. Repeat the process until all shrimp are well breaded.
- Finally, in a frying pan, bring the oil to heat, and gently stir in the shrimp and fry; ensure you fry until slightly brown and crispy, for like 3 – 4 minutes depending on the sizes. While the big jumbo size takes about 5 minutes on each side.
Lastly, remove from and transfer into a sieve lined with a paper towel, repeat the same method with the remaining shrimps.
Serve and enjoy a delicious appetizer with sauce!