Grilled shrimp recipe is a tasty and delicious shrimp glazed with spicy liquid condiments before grilling in the same vein grilled shrimp recipe is a staple food that is easy to cook and serve as a meal, side dish or even as a snack. Basically, shrimps are a good source of protein and fat that has a high content of omega-3 fatty acid which is a very essential amino acid as well as a nutrient for a healthy heart and brain.
Calories in Grilled Shrimp Recipe
However, shrimp are actually low in calories, but high in protein that is a good source of vitamin B-12, selenium that is important for optimal body function, meanwhile, one ounce has about 30 calories.
Similarly, shrimp are low in fat, on the other hand, the fat can increase due to additional saturated fat used in preparing the dish
Easy and Spicy Grilled Shrimp Recipe
Moreover, there are some easy ways you can season your shrimp and still achieve a good result, for instance, using the following easy spices below;
- Cayenne: also known as Capsicum annuum are hot chili pepper that is inclusive in the easy spicy seasoning.
- Salt: to taste
- Dried Italian seasoning
How to Grill Shrimp to Cook
There are three basic steps on how to grill shrimp to cook
Furthermore, shrimp can be placed directly on the grates to grill and perfectly cook, consequently, if the sizes of the shrimp are small there is the tendency it might fall off the grate.
On the other hand, it can be cooked using a skewer, in other words, skewer is a tinny wood stick or metal used as a hanger to hold all shrimp together making it easier to cook and turn while cooking.
Subsequently, it can also be cooked using a foil paper to wrap all spices skewer shrimp together as you place on the oven to grill.
- 1 kg large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- 2 teaspoons of powder garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Serve with lemon wedge
- First of all, devein, peel and wash shrimp living the tails or remove whichever suits your culinary taste and allowing draining as well as drying.
- Secondly, get a bowl and mix cayenne pepper, garlic, paprika, salt after that swirl the lemon and olive oil into the mixture which immediately forms a paste, glaze your shrimp with the marinade ensure it is well coated.
- Thirdly, hang all shrimp in skewers thereafter oil the grill grate set ready to cook.
- Set skewer into the grill and cook for about 3 – 5 minutes on medium heat for each side of the shrimp until smeared and well cooked.
- Finally, serve in a flat plate and sprinkle with diced parsley and a lemon wedge to go with.
Enjoy Grilled Shrimp Recipe – Glazed Shrimp Recipe