Puff puff recipe is so easy to make, puff is a common Nigerian street snack and can be eaten with a cold drink, a cup of fruit juice, hot chocolate or coffee as the case may be.
I love puff puff balls although it’s high in calories my guess is as good as yours because I know you equally do, kpof is one snack recipe loved by Nigerians and most African countries. The Ghanaians calls it Bofrot
Moreover, on days when one can’t think of what to make for breakfast puff is a go to easy-peasy meal usually enjoyed by kids, it can go as a snack, a breakfast meal or just something to bite on.
Homemade puff puff batter recipe is the best; it has a bit of nutmeg added to the ingredients, which spice up the flavor when compared with the normal street kpof kpof as some any call it.
Nigerian puff puff is a deep-fried dough snack that has gain popularity in events, weddings, parties, and other special occasions where it is being served as part of small chops alongside samosa and spring rolls.
How to make Puff Puff Recipe
- 2 cups of plain flour
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon of yeast (dry yeast)
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg (grounded)
- Pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lukewarm water
Method of preparation
- In a clean bowl, pour in the flour, add the sugar, nutmeg, dry yeast, and salt and mix together.
- Secondly, start adding the warm water gradually as you mix with your hand or use a wooden spoon, mix very well until batter is smooth and not too watery
- Next step is to cover the batter mixture with an aluminum foil or with a dry clean cloth and allow the batter to rise for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- To be sure batter is due for frying there will be noticeable differences like it will double its size, thicker as well as stretchy with air bubbles on top.
- Next step, in a frying pan or deep pot, heat your vegetable oil till it’s hot, test by dropping small batter in the oil and immediately the puff rises to the top of the oil which means is good to go.
- Finally, scoop either with your hand or ice cream spoon and a form small ball as you drop it inside the oil, allow frying until golden brown on both sides.
- In conclusion, remove to a sieve and place the puffy balls on a paper towel in other to drain.
Serve and enjoy with a glass of juice or cold drink.