Image – sugarsaltmagic
Custard Powder Recipe | How to Make Homemade Custard Flour | Basic Eggless Custard with Step-by-Step Recipe
Custard powder is really simple to make, and almost anybody can do it. You can make custard powder in a matter of minutes by following a few simple procedures.
Custard powder is used in a variety of dishes, all of which are popular due to their creamy texture. Most of us think that these powders must be sophisticated and best made using big technology, so we buy them from the shop. However, in this piece, I’d want to analyze and provide a recipe of handmade basic custard powder.
Custard is a favorite with children. Kids prefer it to regular Ogi /Akamu/Pap. I’m not sure why, but it might be because of the appealing color and flavor.
What is Custard Powder?
Custard powder is a white or yellow powder comprising of cornstarch, flavoring, and milk powder that, once made with heated water, transforms into a thick consistency, adding milk and sugar bring it to a sweet pudding recipe or a vanilla sauce.
Cornstarch, which is the basic raw ingredient, is used to make this handmade powder.
Custard pudding, frozen custard, coconut custard pie, and custard cake are just a few of the desserts that may be made using it custard powder.
Health Benefits Custard – Simple Homemade Custard Powder
Custard, which is rich in carbs, protein and calcium from milk, provides a number of health advantages for children. Here are a few reasons why you should take custard:
Custard is a tasty addition to a child’s diet that provides extra energy owing to the presence of healthy carbohydrates.
It makes a baby feel fuller for a longer period of time since it has the correct balance of calories, protein, and fat.
Milk is high in calcium, which is beneficial to bone and tooth health.
How to Make Custard Powder – custard with step-by-step recipe
- ½ kg Corn starch (Corn flour)
- 1 tsp egg yellow food coloring (Optional)
- 2 tbs milk powder flavor
- 1 tsp vanilla or banana powdered flavor
- First of all, sift the cornstarch into a clean empty dry bowl
- Secondly, add your milk powdered flavor
- Thirdly, add the vanilla or banana flavor and stir the mixture
- Add you egg yellow food color though optional some people prefect it white
- Finally, stir all ingredients properly to mix very well until well incorporated
Transfer the custard to an airtight container and preserve it for as long as your powdered milk expiring date.
How to Make Custard Recipe – How to Turn into a Custard Cereal
- ½ cup custard powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar or Honey
Method of Preparations
- First, In a deep bowl pour in your custard powder add a little quantity of water to dissolve in a slightly thick paste that is smooth without lumps
- Secondly, in a kettle add enough water and boil, the moment your water boils.
- Stir the custard paste before adding the boiled water into the liquid paste as it curds into a thick consistency.
- Add sugar stir to combine properly and lastly pour in your milk, then adjust the consistency to your liking with additional milk.
- Serve hot immediately after completion.
Serve and enjoy!