Light Soup – How to Make Ghana Fufu and Light Soup Recipe
Fufu and light soup recipe is a traditional Ghanaian dish; it’s delicious food that you won’t want to miss out on when it comes to Ghanaian cuisine.
Light soup is tomatoes base with sea fish and either goat meat, lamb meat, chicken, beef, or pork meat can all be used to make this light soup.
Basically, Fufu in Ghana is derived by combining cassava and unripe plantains into a dough popularly known as swallow African food, which is then shaped into a ball by hand and served with a unique soup or sauce.
However, the most common Fufu dishes In Ghana are Fufu with Groundnut Soup, Fufu with Palm Nut Soup, and Fufu with Light Soup. In fact, each Fufu meal is truly characterized by a soup it’s been paired with.
It’s not only simple to prepare, but it also goes well with fufu, rice, yam, banku, kenkey, and konkonte; moreover, boiled okro can as well be added to it.
How to Prepare Fufu and Light Soup Recipe
- Fresh tomatoes
- Beef (Goat meat, Chicken, Lamb meat)
- Fresh fish (tilapia or catfish)
- Tin tomato paste
- Chili peppers
- Seasoning cube and spice
- bay leaf
- Ginger and garlic
- 4 pcs Okro
- Fresh Cassava
- Unripe plantain
How to Make Ghana Light Soup
- First of all clean your fish remove the gills and the innards then raisin in clean water and set aside. Thereafter, wash the meat and equally keep it aside.
- Secondly, blend your ginger, garlic, onion, seasoning cube, salt, and spices, scoop some quantity into the fish and marinate the fish cover and set aside.
- In a pot containing the meat pour the remaining blended garlic and ginger mixture, add the tin tomato paste, salt, bay leaf, with more water, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Thirdly, wash your tomatoes, onions, and pepper and remove the stem of pepper scrap off the onion head.
- Place fresh tomatoes, onions, pepper into a clean pot and pour 1 cup of water into the pot and bring to boil.
- Next is to remove the fresh tomatoes, pepper, and onions from heat and blend. Ensure you don’t discard the boiled water from the tomatoes rather use it to blend the tomatoes; or pour into the meat add more water.
- Finally, bring soup to a simmer over low heat for like 15 minutes then add the fresh fish; clean your okra/okro and add into the cooking pot, cover and cook to doneness.
- Optional: Sieve the soup if you like to get the clear light look of the soup else skips the process.
Light soup is ready.
How to Make Ghana Fufu Meal
On the same note, cassava flour can be used in place of fresh cassava tubers.
- First of all, peel the skin of your cassava tuber and plantains then boil for about 25-30 minutes to tender.
- Secondly, using a mortar and pestle which is the major instrument for local pounding, or use a Yam pounder machine to pound it.
- Start with the plantain, thereafter add the cassava, sprinkle some water as you pound for easy pounding until a smooth paste is achieved; Your smooth fufu is ready.
Serve your delicious Fufu and Light soup.