Oatmeal breakfast recipe with Akara is a complete dish of fiber and protein that is nutritious, filling and a healthy diet that gives you all the energy required for the day’s task.
Oats for breakfast is a staple food all over the world and widely accepted weight loss meal of all times such as oatmeal for weight loss, overnight oatmeal for weight loss, and other rolled oats recipes.
Quaker oatmeal is one of the basic oatmeal recipe usually find in most home and it’s being considered as an old fashion oats, though there are other brands which are equally good, I recently go for jumbo because of its size for the family.
One good thing about oatmeal is that they are very simple and easy to make for breakfast at home and can easily be combined with either Akara, fried plantains, fried potatoes as a side dish.
How to Make Oatmeal Breakfast with Akara
- 1 cup of Oats
- 1 cup of milk
- Sugar (Honey or Maple syrup)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Akara food (Bean-cake)
Method of Preparation
- The first steps, in a clean pot or saucepan, boil your water then pour in the oats and cook.
- Secondly, stir constantly as the oats cook and absorbed the water as it thickens.
- Thirdly, allow cooking for about 5 minutes, thereafter remove from heat cover and allow to simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in a deep plate and add topping which includes milk, sugar or honey
- Lastly, serve with Akara food, Fried bean cake, Acaraje, Kosia as a side dish.
Enjoy your tasty and yummy breakfast oatmeal with milk.