Peanut brittle recipe popularly known as peanut candy or groundnut candy is a tasty and perfect snack for all season across the globe.
Moreover, this old fashion peanut brittle candy always reminds me of growing up in the Northern part of Nigeria; where students will always patronize a nearby snack outlet to buy peanut candy before entering the school compound. Do you know that peanut candy without corn syrup is certainly the best to eat with friends in school?
This homemade peanut brittle recipe is crispy loaded with fried groundnuts. However, this brittle is a flat roughly smooth candy, with nuts inside it, cooked on the stove or microwave and poured into a flat pan to cool. Once cooled it is broken into small pieces of candy of each size and stays in a warm room temperature for some weeks. Break the brittle into equal pieces and serve a simple but satisfying dessert, or pack your own nut candy with a gift.
Nothing beats home-made peanut candy, they are just so easy to make and enjoy with your family and friends. It really tastes so nice when you make it by yourself!
How to Make Peanut Brittle Recipe – Peanut Candy
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter for Greasing pan
- ½ cup of water
- First of all, grease your pan with the butter, and set aside ready for use.
- Secondly, pour in the water and sugar into a saucepan and start cooking over a medium heat, stir continuously as it bubble and caramelizes into golden brown syrup softly.
- Thirdly, stir in the peanuts into the sugar caramel and mix properly to combine; and thereafter remove immediately from the heat and pour into your already greased pan.
- Finally, quickly smoothen out with the spatula and allow cooling under a normal room temperature. As it cools the peanut hardens for about 1hour or more.
Break into pieces and serve when ready to eat.
Serve and enjoy sweet peanut brittle!