Rice and beans recipe is another staple dish in Nigerian culinary, beans on the other hand, is one of the go-to proteinous meals in this part of Africa.
These two foods brown bean and rice can be eaten individually and still provide its own nutritional values, but when combined together wow! That is a flood of nutrition in one meal.
Basically, you can prepare rice and bean either as Jollof or plain rice and beans with stew or pack with veggies, trust me this meal is a super-duper healthy and delicious.
Rice and beans calories are on a moderate proportion since the beans are the major ingredients with the beef, the carb is highly reduced when compared to eaten only rice recipe.
Moreover, homemade delicious beans and rice is so easy to prepare and the entire family will enjoy a healthy diet loaded with protein, fiber, iron, and less carb.
Furthermore, there is a different recipe for local rice and beans, in cooking local rice and beans village-style palm oil, dry fish or smoked fish is one of the basic ingredients and it comes out great after cooking.
How to cook White rice and beans with beef stew
- 2 cups of rice
- 4 cups of beans
- 1 kg beef meat
- 2 cups pureed tomatoes/pepper/Tatashe
- 1 onion bulb (sliced)
- Curry and thyme
- Seasoning cubes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Instructions on Cooking Rice and Beans
- Step 1; pick the beans wash and cook plain until soft tender ready to be served then keep aside.
- Step 2; parboil your rice, wash and continue cooking until rice is fully cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Step 3; wash and clean the meat, place in a pot add onions, salt, seasoning cube, curry, and thyme, then cook until tender.
- Step 4; in a pot bring the oil to heat, pour in the onions, stir fry and add in the grinded tomatoes/pepper/tatashe and fry to dry.
- Step 5; finally, pour in the already boiled meat and stock (meat water) and spices then taste salt, allow cooking for another 10 minutes.
Remove from heat, your food is ready to be served
Serve all three combinations and enjoy with a glass of cold juice!