The Nigerian salad rolls ever are healthy and nutritious food using the Vietnamese rice paper spring rolls to wrap up a finely slices of carrots, cabbage, lettuce, eggs, cucumber, avocado, green peas, and chicken all wrapped together.
Rice paper spring rolls is not a familiar name in Nigerian only very few people know how to make this delicious recipe, meanwhile, salad is a household name all over the world including Nigeria.
The only difference is how to incorporate the salad or vegetables into the rice paper rolls.
That is why I am here to teach a whole lot of Nigerians how to wrap their salad, fruits, and vegetables with rice paper roll that can be easily enjoyed at home with families and friends.
Funny enough I never knew such tasty and appetizing food can be prepared within few minutes using leftover salad ingredient at my disposal not until a colleague of my thought me how I can simply wrap vegetables.
However, the Vietnamese rolls have been given different names such as summer rolls, salad rolls, Vietnamese fresh spring rolls, and the likes but they all mean the same.
Basically, rice paper spring rolls is just a version of uncooked fruits, vegetables, and salad dressed in the form of baked spring rolls.
The Components for Rice Paper Spring Rolls
The components of rice paper spring rolls differs depending on what you decide to use as fillings just ensure it contains crunchy vegetables, protein, herbs and maybe noodle as the choice.
The protein can either be meat, chicken, shrimps, or eggs, mince properly set aside ready for use in the preparation of rice paper rolls.
The vegetables needed for making these rolls are lettuce is the major key holder that protects all other vegetables from falling off since it is used to wrap other vegetables first before placing on rice paper rolls.
Then we have carrots, cucumber, cabbage, green peas, avocado and any other vegetable of your choice.
The herbs are mainly for flavor and some sweet aroma attached to herbs when used in making the rolls such as a mint leaf, coriander, and basil leaf are optional.
The Rice Vermicelli
The rice vermicelli is a precook noodle that only needed to soak in hot water for about minutes before using to make rice paper rolls, that is to say, it is optional too.
- 8 Pieces of rice paper rolls
- 2 pieces of large carrots
- 8 pieces of lettuce non-slice only trim the edge
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 large avocado
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 chicken breast cooked and finely slices
- ½ cup mint leaf (optional)
- 2 eggs boiled
- First of all, wash all vegetables and slice separately inside a tray pan or saucepan
- Secondly, in a bowl of water run in the rice paper rolls and set aside for the wrappings
- Thirdly, pick one piece of lettuce and pour all ingredients into it, then fold and wrap with 2 pieces of rice paper rolls at the same time, so, that it will not break and pour out all ingredients.
- After that continue until all ingredients is wrapped and set in a flat plate.
- Finally serve with peanut dripping
Serve and Enjoy!!!