The Sardine pasta recipe is a great dish that is fast and easy to cook. Sardines are good source of omega-3 and one of the deep-sea most sustainable seafood. Pasta is a staple food in most parts of the world, however, when combining with sardine it becomes a superfood.
Spanish sardine pasta is delicious, perfect for lunch, or midweek dinner that is healthy. Sardine is also counted as part of oily fish that has lots of nutritional benefits, which include protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, iron, and low in Mercury.
Try out this yummy pasta and sardine dish you will definitely love it, moreover, you may be able to find most of the ingredients in your pantry. Similarly, there are different ways of making this dish like kale sardine pasta, creamy, Jamie Oliver, and Sicilian.
How to Make Sardine Pasta Recipe
- 500g pasta (Spaghetti or Macaroni)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 2 Cans Sardines in Extra virgin oil
- 210g Can Tomato paste
- 1 Sachet Onga Seasoning
- 1 cooking spoon veg oil
- 2 seasoning cubes
- ¼ curry and Thyme
- 1 Large onion (slice)
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- First and foremost, cook the pasta in a deep pan of salted boiling water with 1 tablespoon oil for about 5 – 7 minutes to al dente. Remove from heat drain water and rinse, and after that set aside ready for use.
- Secondly, Heat oil in a pot, stir in the garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes, add onion and stir fry, pour in the tin tomato and fry to dry.
- Thirdly, add your ground pepper, curry, thyme, Onga, seasoning cubes, and little quantity of water, stir and taste salt, this forms your tomato sauce/stew cook all ingredients to boil.
- Finally, pour in the pasta into the tomato sauce/stew and stir to mix properly, cover, and cook to tender as pasta becomes soft. Lastly, pour in the sardine into the pasta mix to combine, all sitting for 3 minutes. Yummy sardine recipe is ready.
Serve and enjoy with carrot and cucumber as side dish!