Tapioca pudding recipe is a favorite breakfast meal in most parts of Nigeria. Tapioca pudding recipe is a high-carb diet though very easy to prepare by using tapioca, eggs, milk, sugar and either vanilla or cinnamon.
What is Tapioca?
A lot of people ask what tapioca is, once they hear or sight the word tapioca.
Tapioca is basically an edible starch gotten from a tuber named cassava root, the term tapioca is a familiar term mainly in the south-south zone and south East zone in Nigeria.
It is commonly called kpokpo garri, so tapioca is a dried product you can buy as pearls, flakes or as white flour that is used in preparing African dishes and great cuisines all over the world.
Why the small balls in Tapioca Pudding Recipe?
The small balls seen in tapioca pudding is actually the tapioca pearls which consist of fiber not completely moistened at the process of extracting the tapioca from the cassava root also known as kpokpo garri in Nigerian.
Is tapioca pudding recipe good for health?
Yes tapioca pudding is good for health despite the fact that is a high carbohydrate food; it is a natural carbohydrate that can be easily digested in the body.
Meanwhile there are some vital functions of carbohydrate in the body like provide energy, regulate glucose in the bloodstream, limit using protein to produce energy, cut down fatty acids on the other hand avert ketosis.
It also contains protein, potassium, sodium, folate, calcium, vitamin A, and magnesium.
How to make classic instant tapioca pudding pearls
The classic instant tapioca pudding pearls recipe is the easiest of all tapioca pudding; it takes about 5-7 minutes.
Stir milk and egg in a saucepan, add in the tapioca and sugar and cook for 5 minutes as you stir constantly, finally remove from the heat before adding your vanilla extract.
It can be served hot or cold by refrigerating for some hours.
- 1 cup tapioca
- 2-3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- First of all, rinse and soak tapioca in milk for 2 hours in a situation whereby you are not in a hurry to leave home else cook immediately but in this case I did not soak.
- Secondly stir in your tapioca, milk, and sugar in a pot or saucepan, cook for with continuous stirring for 15 – 20 minutes after that reduce heat to cook lowly
- Thirdly beat the eggs and add 1 cup of milk into the egg using a slow motion not all at the same time until well smoothen
- Furthermore, stir the milk and egg mixture back to the tapioca pot and continue to mix.
- Cook for another 5 minutes as the pudding thickens adds vanilla.
- In conclusion remove from heat
Serve your perfectly made tapioca pudding hot or cold