Singapore rice noodles recipe is stir-fried curried rice noodles cooked with shrimp, chicken, and veggies. It’s thin springy rice vermicelli noodles flavored with curry sauce! It’s tasty, fast, and simple to prepare!
However, it’s one of those go-to lunch or dinners that you’ll want to make again and again since it’s delicious and easy to prepare.
Rice noodles, often known as “mei fun” or “mai fun,” are a type of noodle made from rice.
Although Singapore Noodles are not a traditional meal, they are wonderful, and the spindly, colorful, curry-flavored with vegetables has won the hearts of foodies all over the English-speaking globe.
Vegan and Gluten Free Rice Vermicelli Noodles
Rice is gluten-free and vegan, moreover, vermicelli is a form of rice noodle that is widely used. While there are numerous vegan rice vermicelli dishes to choose from, a curry-based Singapore noodles meal is a popular choice.
However, one of the nicest things about this vegetarian Singapore noodles dish is that it can easily be made for vegetarian and vegan friends and family by removing the chicken, pork, shrimp, and eggs found in traditional Singapore Noodles, or Singapore Mei Fun.
How to Make Singapore Curry Rice Noodles
- 1 pack dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 130 grams small shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 130 grams pork loin or chicken breast (sliced into strips)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil (share into 2)
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 10 grams ginger (minced)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium size onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- One Green bell pepper and Yellow, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup baby corn optional
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparing Singapore Rice Noodles Recipe
- First of all, soak your rice noodles in hot boiling water for 2 minutes; thereafter drain water, and rinse with cold water, return it back to sieve and keep aside.
- Secondly, slice all vegetables and set aside ready for later use
- Thirdly, In a bowl, marinate the chicken. It doesn’t have to be for a long period of time.
- In a pan or woks set heat oil and pour in the chicken. Fry until mostly cooked then remove from heat, pour in your whisked eggs. Allow it to cook, fry and break the eggs up into smaller pieces .
- Add the remaining oil and stir fry your onion, garlic, red bell peppers, green and yellow bell pepper; Sauté until soft.
- Finally, add in noodles, followed by curry powder, soy sauce, and salt. As you stir-fry the noodles, make sure you stir the bottom of the wok with your spatula to keep the noodles from sticking.
- Mix noodles until they are well coated in sauce for a minute; at this point your food is read Curry Vermicelli Noodles from Singapore.
Serve and enjoy!
Where to buy Singapore Rice Noodles in Nigeria?
You can buy from ShopRite, SparNigeria, SuperMart, shopping malls, or Order Online from Jumia or Konga. But for an already prepared dish, the best Singapore noodles near me is ZEN Garden Ikeja.