Ugu leaf and beans recipe is a delicious and comfort food any time any day. This Stir fry Ugu leaves (fluted pumpkins leaf) give these beans a very attractive look; it also adds more value in terms of nutrients making the food more healthy and enjoyable.
Basically, when vegetables are in your food, like fluted pumpkins leaf they are more fun than when they are just plain.
Health Benefits of Ugu Leaf – Fluted Pumpkins Leaves
Ugu Leaf has vitamins, calcium, iron, and other macro and micro nutrients.
According to health experts, vegetables provide vitamins and other food nutrients, and a lack of vitamins can lead to health problems.
Vitamin C is found in vegetables such as Ugu, spinach, cabbage, tomato, broccoli, carrot, onion, and okra, and it aids in the healing of cuts and wounds as well as the maintenance of healthy teeth and gums.
Vitamin A in Ugu contributes to the protection of the eyes and skin, as well as the prevention of diseases.
- Correct Anaemia
- Boost Immune System
- Improve Digestion
- Repair Worn Out Cells
- Acts as Antioxidant
How to Prepare Stir Fry Ugu Leaves with Beans Recipe
- 2 cups Brown Beans
- 1 bunch Ugu leaves (Fluted Pumpkins Leaves)
- 1 medium size onion
- 6 bulbs of fresh tomatoes
- 1 cooking spoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground crayfish
- Fresh hot pepper
- Seasoning cube
- Salt to taste
- Fried plantains
- Fried fish
Method of Preparing Beans and Vegetable Ugu Stew
- First of all, pick the beans in case of any dirt or particles, wash and boil for 10 minutes. Thereafter, sieve and remove the water, add more water and salt, then cook to doneness.
- Next is to fry your plantains until color turn golden yellow, also fry the fresh fish to dry, then keep aside.
- Secondly, wash your Ugwu leaves thoroughly and place on a sieve, allow to drain water before slicing.
- Thirdly, wash and slice your tomatoes, onion, and pepper, then set aside ready to use.
- In a clean pot bring to heat your vegetable oil, stir in the sliced onions, stir fry for 60 seconds then add the tomatoes and pepper.
- Stir fry for 5 minutes and then add your crayfish, and seasoning cube.
- Finally, pour in the sliced Ugu leaves and mix all ingredient together, cover and allow to simmer for only 2 minutes.
Remove from heat as your food is ready!
Serve and enjoy your tasty and delicious Beans and Ugu Leaf with plantain and fish