Sweet potato Smoothie Recipe, however, Sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) popularly known as Damkeli in Hausa reminds me of growing up in the Northern part of Nigeria where it is being cultivated and transported to other parts of the Country.
Sweet potato fries are yummy breakfast we always enjoy it when given. It is a nutritious starchy root vegetable that comes in season and in different skin colors, we have purple, white and yellow. This root can be boiled, cooked, fried, baked or roasted.
Sweet potato dishes are naturally sweet soft and delicious. Basically, these roots are not yam it has more nutritional value and fiber content than yam, it also differs from Irish potato. Sweet potatoes superfood can be served as a breakfast or as a dessert. The sweet potato side dish is mouth-watering and cannot be resisted when served.
Certainly, sweet potato meal is a healthy diet that can be prepared at home within a few minutes.
Sweet Potato Smoothie Recipe Benefits
- It is rich in beta-carotene and vitamin C that boost your immune to optimal body function, eating a diet rich in beta-carotene guard against body degeneration, heart disease, and asthma.
- The fiber content is high thereby preventing constipation, promotes detoxification and gives you a healthy digestive tract system.
- It is low in sodium which maintains healthy blood pressure and regulates heartbeat.
- The iron and folic acid in this root make it superfood for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. Dieting more on sweet potato protein is essential for optimal body function and healthy living.
- Vitamin A in this root improves eye vision and reduces wrinkles appearance on the skin, removes dry and rough skin making you look younger.
- its calories are low with high dietary fiber content and water that makes it perfect for weight loss.
Recipes The Smoothie and Vita-mix
- Sweet potato Vita-mix
- 1 medium size mashed sweet potato
- 1 apple
- 2 slices of beetroot
- Cinnamon (powder) or 2 slice ginger
Wash your sweet potatoes and boil for about 15mins also wash the apple and beetroot, Chop all ingredients into a blender. Blend and ensure all ingredients are well mix and smooth.
Serve in a glass cup and enjoy.
2. Sweet potatoes smoothie
Enjoy this smoothie in its simplest form
- 2 medium boiled white sweet potatoes
- 1 cups cold sweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Honey (optional)
Wash potato, peel off the skin, boil then mash, blend all ingredients, blend until mixture is smooth for a drink.
Serve chilled in a glass cup and enjoy it!