Pancake breakfast and brunch recipe is a simple breakfast idea for the entire family, this fluffy pancake is served with chicken, fried egg mix with sweet corn, and fried plantain cubes so delicious in fact yummy.
Basically, pancake breakfast is light and fluffy, certainly, a very filling meal which is just perfect for breakfast; moreover, savory pancakes are very easy and quick to make with just a few ingredients.
Pancakes are an interesting meal that can be eaten as breakfast, a snack, or for brunch, on the other hand, pancakes for one is a pleasant meal idea for the family which can also serve as school snacks for the kids.
Read Also: Nigerian-breakfast-food-with-benefits-akara-and-pap
Do you care for a mouth watery dish? Then go for the best pancakes food to kick start your day.
Homemade pancakes for breakfast are so easy to make so, it should be included in the breakfast menu. However, you can choose to make your pancakes healthier by going for whole grains flour such as whole wheat flour which adds fiber and is a heart-healthy diet.
How to make pancake breakfast from scratch
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper (optional)
- Vegetable oil for frying
Method of Preparation
- In a bowl combine your flour, sugar, baking powder and mix properly.
- Secondly, in another bowl, beat the egg and milk ensure it whisk thoroughly, after that, add the butter in the egg mixture and whisk by constantly stirring until smooth.
- Next step is to pour in the egg mixture into the already mixed flour, add chili pepper and stir to form pancake batter if there are lumps stir a little before allowing sitting for few minutes. Should in case batter seems too thick add little water and stir.
- Meanwhile, if your blender is in a good shape just go ahead and pour in all ingredients into the blender and blend to smooth pancake batter, it fast and simple.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan on medium heat, drop 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil into the pan just enough to coat the pan.
- Pour in some pancake batter into the pan, gently slant the pan, this will enable the batter coat the pan surface evenly.
- Fry until the first side of the batter is golden brown while frying shake the pan every now and then till pancake mix becomes loose and well fried.
- Flip pancake to the other side and repeat the same process; continue cooking until all the mixture is finished.
Server with a cup of tea, oatmeal, Pap (Akamu, ogi), or custard