Thai basil recipe with chicken in our Nigerian kitchen is a wonderful experience making a savory and tasty marinated chicken spice with chili pepper, garlic and Thai basil.
Thai basil recipe with chicken can be eating as side dish served with jasmines rice or other combinations likewise, it can be eating as a complete meal.
What is basil used for? Nchuanwu benefits
People will always ask what basil, which is also called nchuanwu in Igbo language, is a culinary plant herb from the family of lamiaceae. Moreover, it is scientifically called Ocimum basilicum, It originated from Africa and Asia.
Basil is an ancient traditional herbs use for the treatment of worm, insect bites, headache, joint pains, stomach pain, skin problems such as eczema, snake bits.
Basically, with the current medical research it is a good source of antioxidant that prevents and fight against cancer cells, Kidney issues, and gastrointestinal problems.
Ingredients for Thai Basil Recipe
For the marinade and cooking the following is needed;
- 1 kg chicken either wings, breast, or thighs
- Vegetable oil enough for frying
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 table spoon chili pepper
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
Method of preparing Thai basil Recipe
- First of all, wash rinse chicken then allow draining on a sieve
- Secondly, in a bowl place the chicken mix chili pepper, fish sauce and turmeric, salt into the chicken marinate then keep aside.
- Thirdly, use a skillet, deep fryer or frying pan which every is more convenient for you, pour in the vegetable oil as you place on a medium heat as soon as it is hot start frying the marinated chicken.
- Fry until it turn golden brown, after that turn the other side and fry the same way at this point remove from heat place on the sieve to drain oil
- To make the sauce place your frying pan on the heat, pour in the finely minced ginger, allow frying for about 1 minute before adding the tomato sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and chili pepper continue to stir and ensure the heat is moderate.
- Finally add the already fried chicken into the tomato sauce and stir mix cook foe another 3 – 5 minutes before adding your Thai basil leaves and remove from heat immediately.
Serve and enjoy.