Vegetable stir fry rice recipe with fish is a healthy meal yet very easy to make quite filling, tasty and satisfying that is perfect for lunch or dinner.
When we talk about staple foods in Nigeria rice is one of such, rice is the most popular food in the country, it’s more like a mandatory dish in every occasion, events, and a must-eat on Sundays.
Meanwhile, vegetables, as defined by Wikipedia “Vegetables are parts of plants that are consumed by humans or other animals as food”. Basically, vegetables are the entire edible plant parts like fruits, leaves, stems, seeds, and roots.
Similarly, rice is a high carbohydrate food, so consuming rice alone either as Jollof, white, or fried is not advisable without a touch of vegetables, therefore, make every meal count as a healthy diet.
When making veggies stir fry recipe with smoked fish, endeavor to buy already smoked fish from the market else you have to fry or grill your fish at home.
How to Make Vegetable Stir Fry with Rice Recipe
Vegetable stir fry rice and fish is a balanced dish cooked with Ugu (Ugwu) fluted pumpkin leaves, in the absence of Ugu, spinach or Kale can be used to prepare this tasty delicacy.
Homemade vegetable stir fry stew with rice and smoked fish is so easy to cook, Ugu stir fry gives you a robust strong and healthy flavor with colors in the plate indicating the freshness of your vegetables ooh what a healthy meal.
- 1 bunch of pumpkin leaves (Ugu)
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 medium-size onion
- 4 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 medium-size smoked fish (Tilapia, Titus, or Mackerel)
- 2seasoning cubes
- 1 tablespoon crayfish
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparing Stir Fry Veggies with Rice
- Step 1: wash your tomatoes, pepper, onion, and chop, after that, set aside. Also, wash and rinse the Ugu leaves properly and finely slice make ready for use.
- Step 2: wash and remove bones from the fish if need be, then in a frying pan or pot heat the vegetable oil, stir in the sliced onions for 60 seconds and add in the tomatoes and pepper.
- Thirdly, fry your tomatoes and pepper for the next 8 minutes to almost dry, at this point, add in the smoked fish, cubes, crayfish, and salt to taste
- Finally, stir in the vegetables in batches and stir fry for 60 seconds, and then remove from heat, cover and allow simmering for 3-5 minutes, at this point vegetable stew is ready.
- Lastly, parboil your white rice wash and cook to done.
Serve and enjoy!