Red tomato stew recipe is actually a base that is being used in cooking dishes like Jollof rice, spaghetti, white rice and stew, coconut rice and the likes it’s very easy to fry.
Fried tomato stew recipe is termed cooking made easier, once you have this stew at home, the cooking time for whatever recipe you want to make has been reduced.
Moreover, frying this tomato stew in large quantity and storing in your freezer helps, when you intend to cook any recipe that has to do with making stew.
Basically, this tomato stew doesn’t have any seasoning added to it rather, it just to let you know how to make stew with fresh tomatoes as a base before adding other ingredients to spice it up.
Furthermore, how to fry stew for white rice, beans and stew, Jollof rice, and Pasta is quite different from cooking stew without frying the tomatoes, thou they all serve a great purpose depending on the method you preferred.
Similarly, do you like making Nigerian stew recipe with palm oil or frying with vegetable oil? Thereafter, ginger spices, curry, seasoning cubes, thyme, and salt being added to it with chicken or beef turning your stew into delicious food.
How to Fry Nigerian Tomato Stew (Vegan Stew)
This is how to fry a good tomato base stew for a savory meal, It is also very important to get rid of sour taste in tomato stew before adding ingredients for stew, if not the stew will taste sour even after cooking.
Ingredients for Stew Recipe
- 1 ½ kg Fresh Tomatoes
- 100g Tin Tomato (optional)
- 1 cup scotches bonnet pepper (Atarodo)
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 4 medium-sizes Onions
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
- First of all, wash and blend tomatoes, pepper, and onions
- Secondly, pour in the blended tomatoes into a clean pot, then boil until the excess water is dry and consistency becomes thick, at this point the sour taste has reduced.
- Thirdly, scoop the tin tomato paste into a deep bowl, then dilute with water and stir properly to puree if you are not using tin tomato skip this process (optional).
- Finally, heat the vegetable oil, stir in your sliced onions followed by the tomato puree, stir fry for about 5 minutes before adding the already boiled tomatoes, stir fry consistently to avoid burning mostly at the bottom for the next 20 minutes.
- Lastly, at this point the sour taste has been eliminated while sweet taste appears because it fries from sour to sweet; add salt and simmer for another 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
In case you are not ready to use immediately, then allow cooling, scoop into a deep bowl with cover and refrigerate or freeze until when needed.
If you are ready to cook simply remove from freezer defrost and make stew beef recipe.