Beetroot rice recipe is a sumptuous one-pot dish whipped up in just a couple of minutes that is perfect for lunch. Grated beetroot with assorted spices gives you a dose of flavor on this dish.
This meal is usually fast and easy especially when you have leftover rice or you can make a rice dish ahead of time.
The beautiful color of this beetroot pulao is what attracts kids to this food; it’s a kind of dish kids never reject whenever it’s being served because they love it.
Veg pulao is basically a vegetarian dish but, the non-vegetarians also enjoy this tasty and delicious dish. Well for the non-vegetarians they end up serving this meal with fried chicken, Goat meat, grill fish, or egg as a side dish.
In Nigerian, Beetroot recipe is not so common compared to eating the raw beets as vegetables at most in a salad. The first time I made this recipe the people around me were like surprise; and they all want to taste the food because it’s kind of strange to them.
Funny enough they love it. I have made this recipe several times and decide to share it so that people can also prepare at home and enjoy it with their family.
Health Benefit of Beetroot
Beetroots are good sources of fiber, vitamin B9 (Folate) they are pack load with essential nutrients which include vitamin C, iron, potassium, and manganese. All this helps improve blood flow as well as reduce blood pressure, diet more on beetroot recipes for healthy living.
How to Make Beetroot Rice Recipe –Beetroot Pulao
- 2 cups of rice (long-grain, Basmati)
- 1 medium-size onion (Finely sliced)
- 1 bunch Fresh beetroots (finely Grated)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 6 pieces fresh pepper (finely sliced)
- 2 seasoning cubes
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 bayleaf (Optional)
- Salt to taste
Topping for Non-Vegetarians
Instruction on Making Beetroot rice Nigerian Style
- First and foremost, parboil your rice after that, wash and rinse.
- Secondly, in a pot bring the oil to heat, sauté onions add your curry, cinnamon, pepper, ginger, seasoning cubes, bay leaf, and salt.
- Thirdly, add a little quantity of water clover and allow boiling, thereafter, pour in the rice, stir and cook to done. Ensure the amount of water is enough to bring the rice to doneness, remove from heat, and allow cooling.
- Finally, when is almost time to serve, pour in the grated beetroot stir to mix properly with the rice. Immediately the color changes couple with a sweet aroma coming from different spices mixed together.
Serve and a sumptuous delicacy that is healthy.