Nigerian pepper soup with white rice, also known as African pepper soup recipe, is a hot and spicy soup made with Cow meat “Beef” or assorted meat.
Basically, cow meat pepper soup is another famous spicy pepper soup recipe made with beef. However, pepper soups are usually named after the kind of meat used in cooking it; like Catfish pepper soup, Goat meat pepper soup, chicken pepper soup, Assorted meat pepper soup.
Pepper soup are usually serve as an appetizer in most Nigerian Restaurants and Bar with chilled drinks as they relax and enjoy their time out with friends and family.
Similarly, homemade pepper soup is either served with boiled rice, Yam, or ripe or unripe plantains as a complete dish. Beef pepper soup is a comfort food especially during the raining season or when the weather is very cold as it helps keep you warm.
This delicious delicacy is also flavorful with a nice aroma coming from the scent leaf and the pepper soup spice that forms part of the ingredients used in making the peppersoup.
How to Make Cow meat Pepper soup with White Rice
Pepper Soup Ingredients
- 2 cups of parboiled rice
- 1 kg meat (Beef) Cup into small pieces
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1/2 cup scent leaves (chopped) (Nchuawun)
- 4 pieces Ehuru/ calabash nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon uda (negro pepper)
- 1/4 piece Aiden fruit (prekese)
- 4 piece scotch bonnet pepper (Ata-Rodo)
- 1 tablespoon Uziza seed
- Salt to taste
You can buy already mixed pepper soup spices from the women selling local soup spices in the market, and you’ll be able to find as many kinds as you want, no matter where you are in Nigeria.
Homemade spices can be done by simply blending all the peppersoup ingredients with your dry blender compartment.
- First of all, wash and pour the white rice into a pot and cook until tender and the water is dried up, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Secondly, cut the beef into smaller pieces, wash transfer and into a pot, add in the slice onions, salt, and seasoning cubes.
- Thirdly, place the pot on your stovetop and steam the meat for 2-3 minutes, thereafter, add enough water that will boiled the meat to tender.
- Next is to pour all other ingredients starting with the pepper soup spices, crayfish, and pepper; cover and cook as the color changes, water reduced, and the flavor infuse into the meat.
- Finally, taste for salt before adding your sliced scent leaves, stir and remove from heat.
Food is ready!
Serve your Beef pepper soup with white rice.