Frittata recipe is like omelette although is baked, is basically core egg dish mostly eaten by the Italian, Frittata recipe is one food you will love to eat at any giving time because is delicious.
Moreover, for me plantain and egg is a beautiful combination, in other words, baked frittata recipe of this combination is a good breakfast frittata I love to eat.
Basic frittata is easy, adaptable, and handy depending on what you want to use as fillings the choice is yours, however, I choose to make my own recipe with fried plantain and egg.
Subsequently, just like I said in my last write-up kid’s love eggs, they are inseparable with egg recipes, so making a frittata is another welcome development at the rate in which their food craving will increase living no leftovers on their plates.
How to make Frittata Recipe
- 2-3 large sizes of ripe plantains
- Vegetable oil (needed for frying plantain)
- 8 eggs
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper
- ½ medium-size onions
- 1 medium-size green pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of curry powder
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder (optional)
- 1 Knorr cube
- 3 pieces sausages or Frankfurters (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- First and foremost, wash the ripe plantain then peel the skin, after that, slice the plantain into desired size and shape.
- Secondly, wash all vegetables (onions, red bell pepper, and green pepper) and slice, then set aside ready for use.
- Thirdly, heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, thereafter, pour in the sliced plantain into the vegetable oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Thereafter, remove from heat allow draining on a sieve, then keep aside.
- Fourthly, using a frying pan or skillet, pour in the 3 spoons of vegetable oil and heat, next is to stir in the onions fry for 1 minute before adding your chopped sausage then continue to fry for another 1 minute.
- Fifthly, pour in sliced red bell pepper and green pepper stir fry for 30 seconds, after that, add in the curry, thyme, garlic powder, Knorr cube, and salt to taste and cook for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- In addition, get a large bowl, crack the eggs into the bowl, and whisk the eggs properly, then add your already fried vegetables into the whisk eggs and stir very well to mix.
- Finally, grease your baking pan then pour all mixtures into the baking pan and gently lay the fried plantain on top of the egg mixtures.
- In conclusion bake on a moderate heat for approximately 30 minutes as the mixture turns firm and well cooked, then remove from oven allow cooling.
Serve and enjoy!