Grilled ribs recipe is a smoky spicy and marinated bone-meat grilled either in oven or charcoal pot, grilled beef short ribs is one of the best meat grills.
Ribs on the grill are quite messy if I may say but, delicious and it can turn an ordinary meal into a party or festive food.
Meanwhile, my Mum loves ribs meat be it cow ribs, goat meat ribs even pork meat ribs, I always wonder why of all different parts of meat she prefers buying ribs?
However, I call it bone meat, because all I see is just short ribs bones covered with thin beef, I always complain about the meat, trying to discourage her from buying ribs.
When I finally discovered how to cook ribs on the grill, likewise, making barbecue with ribs my perception changed and I became a lover of ribs.
Secrets to grilled ribs recipe best ever
- Knowing the types of ribs
Before buying ribs beef endeavor to ascertain the particular kind of ribs such as follows:-
Spear ribs – they are bigger with flat bones and plenty of connective tissues; it requires longer grilling ribs time to get tender.
St. Louis style ribs – this is just another spare ribs with tips removed, it has a rectangular shape.
Baby back ribs – is the most common in the market or meat shop, it has more meat and small in size, very easy to cook. However, in Nigeria, the most common ribs are spare ribs beef.
- How well do you spice or marinate ribs
Cooking ribs on oven then grill is quite interesting, although the result of mouth watery meat dish depends on how well it is being spiced.
There are people who use only spice marinate on their ribs while some use spice rub, but for the best result, we are going to use both.
Seasoning meat ahead of time and allow sitting enables the ingredients to penetrate into the meat, this also gives the ribs a sweet and succulent taste both inside and outside.
- Grilling ribs time- cook on slow moderate heat
Ribs on gas grill should take approximately 1 hour 20 minutes to cook, living you with soft and tender tooth-friendly, easy to crush grill ribs meat.
All toughness disappears, using a fork to ascertain if is properly cooked, pears the fork into the meat without any difficulty that shows it’s done.
How to cook grilled ribs recipe
- 2 racks ribs (1 ½ kg beef ribs)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- First of all, rinse ribs, remove those thin lining covering some parts of the meat place on a sieve
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together except bbq sauce with ½ cup of water
- Apply the mixture all over the ribs, wrap on airtight zip bag and set aside in the fridge, allow marinating for about 2 hours or overnight, if you are not running out of time.
- Ready to cook, remove from fridge and apply more of the mixture dry rubs on the ribs, after that place on oven rack and grill for 10-15 minutes over a medium heat.
- Next is to transfer ribs into a foil paper and seal properly, then place inside the oven and cook for 1 hour until tender.
- Finally, remove from foil brush with barbecue sauce and place on oven rack and allow grilling for 5- 10 minutes, thereafter, remove from heat delicious ribs is ready.
Serve cut in pieces with a choice meal or drink.