Morning breakfast is very important for optimal body function; Eaten morning food helps maintain good health, Bread and Akara with hot chocolate (Tea) or custard is one of such food you can count on for breakfast.
Morning food helps feed the brain and body with enough energy after an overnight ‘Fasting’; in other words, it also acts as a guide to a healthy lifestyle.
Akara and bread can be eaten in the morning for breakfast or evening as dinner, in Nigerian this super combo of food are street food usually seen by the roadside, except your taste bud is abnormal and your nostrils are completely blocked, the aroma coming from the hot Akara (bean cake) when those women are frying it is just too sweet.
The sweet aroma coming from freshly baked bread will make you eat bread even when not planned for, the best way to enjoy bread and Akara is to stuff Akara in between two slices of bread or divide your Agege bread and place the Akara in the middle, Ahh! This is original Nigerian Akara burger
How to Make Moring Breakfast – Bread and Akara
Moring breakfast can easily be prepared at home without taking so much of your time, bread can always be baked at home or you buy fresh bread from a bread bakery near me.
While Akara can easily be fried with already made grounded beans flour when there is no much time to start washing of beans to remove the skin before grinding.
Ingredients for Akara and Bread
- 2 cups of beans (black-eyed beans, Red beans)
- 4 scotch bonnet pepper
- Salt to taste
- Freshly baked bread
- A cup of Tea or Custard
Method of preparing morning breakfast
- First and foremost, soak beans, then wash and remove the coat make ready for grinding.
- Secondly, grind the beans and pepper into a thick paste using a blender, after that pour into a deep bowl, whisk using a wooden spoon until the consistency becomes fluffy.
- Thirdly, pour in the vegetable oil into your frying pan and heat, before scooping in the mixture add salt to taste and stir properly.
- Finally, start scooping in the paste into the hot oil, and allow frying until color turns golden brown, then turn to the other side and fry the same way.
- Remove from oil into a sieve lined with a paper towel, at this point your hot bean cake is ready to eat.
Serve and enjoy Bread and Akara with a cup of Tea!