White bread is just so soft and delicious and we all love eating loaf of bread; basically what you always look out for when shopping for bread is freshly baked bread.
Bread is a staple food in Nigeria especially white bread, moreover, the sweet aroma that usually comes from hot rustic bread cannot be overemphasized,
Meanwhile, breakfast is not complete when white bread or brown bread is not inclusive on the breakfast menu, in the same vein, homemade sandwich rolls are very easy to make, quite filling, and healthy carbohydrate food that should be eaten in moderate proportion.
Kids and bread are inseparable and they love dough recipes a lot, do you know that bread rolls can also be eating as snacks or probably as a sweet dinner rolls recipe.
However, is good you learn how to make bread from scratch like sweet quick bread recipes, easy bread recipe, and best bread recipe; it will help you save some money while your family eats something rich and different from mass production.
Nigerians sometimes use fresh bread to describe how well and clean a person looks,
For instance “See person pikin as him fresh like today’s bread” my Naija people funny sha.
How to make white bread
- 4 cups of plain flour/Bread flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup milk warm or warm water
- 2 eggs (optional)
Method of preparation
- First and foremost, proof the yeast as you dissolve the yeast with 1 spoon of sugar and warm milk stir very well and keep aside for about 5 minutes
- Secondly, in a bowl whisk your egg and butter together and equally set aside for later use.
- Thirdly, get a large bowl, pour in the flour, the remaining sugar, and salt then mix properly, after that, create a hole in the center of the mixture and add in the proofed yeast, at this point mix vigorously to form a dough.
- Fourthly, take the dough to a floured plain surface thereafter; continue to knead the dough until smooth and stretchy.
- Furthermore, grease your bowl so that the dough will not glue to the bowl when rising and return the smooth stretchy dough into the bowl ensure you also rob some oil on the dough surface to stop the knead flour from having skin.
- In addition, cover the mixed flour using a towel or plastic wrap and allow rising in a closed area for 45 minutes or at list 1 hour; certainly, after 1 hour it has double its size.
Second stage on how to bake bread
- Next is to uncover and punch the dough, place on a floured plain surface. Most importantly, share the dough maybe into 4 equal parts, and then form a round dough with each of them.
- Finally, preheat your oven at (370ºF) 180ºC, grease the baking pan with oil, and place the dough into the baking pan before brushing with egg wash (mix 2 tablespoons of water whisk with 1 egg) it gives it that shining looks very attractive to the eye.
- In conclusion, bake for about 20 – 25 minutes until it turns golden brown and removes from the oven, allow cooling before placing on bread rack.
Enjoy your yeast bread recipe!
I am expecting feedback if you eventually try this homemade white bread recipe.