Sweet buns recipe can also be referred to as rock buns, Nigerian pastry deep fried buns are usually crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
Buns is another popular street snacks in Nigerian even in Ghana and should not be mistaken for puff puff, buns are slightly harder after frying, while puff puff is usually oily and softer both in and out.
In African, buns are mostly eating as snacks never the less, it can also be taken as breakfast when served with a cup of tea (Hot chocolate)
Moreover, homemade buns recipe is very easy to make, it’s equally a good business that yields income for some people who make buns for sale.
There are different ways of making buns at home, such as buns without yeast which is most common, or Vegan buns recipe without egg and milk.
On the other hand, sweet buns recipe with butter, milk, and sugar is just the best in its simplest form and very tasty and delicious deep fried-balls.
What can be served with Sweet Buns
- Zobo Drink
- Kunu Drink
- Pineapple Juice
- Ice Lemonade Drink
- Watermelon slush
- Hot chocolate (Tea) for breakfast
How to Make Sweet Buns Recipe
Ingredients for Buns
- 2 ½ cups of All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup milk or water
- Enough oil for deep frying
- First and foremost, get two separate dry bowls; mix the flour, baking powder, sugar together in one bowl, after that, mix the wet ingredients (egg, milk, melted butter) in the second bowl.
- Secondly, create a hole at the center of the dry ingredients, then pour in the wet mixture of egg, milk, and melted butter.
- Thirdly, mix all ingredients together until the batter is formed, the consistency should be slightly thick and stretchy, if the batter is too watery sprinkle a little flour and remix properly else the buns will not shape into a round ball.
- Fourthly, cover and allow resting for like 5 minutes before frying
- The next step is to heat up your vegetable oil in a frying pan, using an ice cream scoop or with your hand gently mold Ball shape batter into the hot oil.
- Finally, fry until color changes to golden yellow buns, after that, remove and transfer to a plate finely lined with a paper towel so that excess oil will drain.
Serve hot and enjoy with cold juice!