Rice and vegetables sauce is palatable delicacy with lots of nutritional health benefits, Nigerians have been advised to increase the intake of vegetables since it makes you healthier and helps guard against diseases in the body.
Rice is a staple food while vegetable is not a regular meal when compared to the normal rice and tomato stew usually eaten by most people.
Basically, rice and vegetable recipe is so easy to cook at home with different kinds of vegetables you can lay your hand on such as spinach, fluted pumpkin leave, kale, water leave, even with Efo leaf.
Moreover, I used spinach to cook this delicious veg pot rice sauce.
Similarly, spinach contains high chlorophyll which can build blood as it improves the quality of red blood cells, reduce inflammation as well as bacteria growth in the skin.
Meanwhile, the iron content in spinach help combat anemia, it’s also rich in B vitamins what a superfood to eat, on that note endeavor to include it to your food menu.
How to Make Rice and Vegetables Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium-size bowl of sliced spinach (or pumpkin leave)
- 6 large tomatoes
- 2 large-size red bell pepper (Tatashe)
- 4 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 medium-size onion
- ½ of cup vegetable oil
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 tablespoon crayfish
- Salt to taste
- Tilapia fish (fried fish)
- Chicken (fried chicken)
- Cooked white rice
Method of cooking Vegetable stew
- The first step, wash and slice your fresh green vegetables, tomatoes, red bell pepper, onion, and scotch bonnet pepper, after that, set aside.
- Secondly, in a pot heat the vegetable oil, then pour in the onions, stir fry and pour in the tomato, and bell pepper fry for like 5 minutes don’t over fry.
- Thirdly, add your seasoning cubes before pouring in the sliced vegetables stir and cover.
- Finally, allow steaming for 2 minutes, don’t exceed 2 minutes else the vegetables will be overcooked and lose the vital nutrient needed in the body.
Remove from heat and your vegetable stew is ready to be served.
Serve and with rice enjoy!!!