What is shakshuka? People will ask.
Shakshuka is a delicious and simple dish of tomatoes, onions, potato, paprika, salt, spices, and poached eggs finely combined together to form shakshuka.
It has a more complex taste because of the handful of ingredients merge simultaneously as a whole, while some are of greater parts than the other, Always make to adapt to your taste.
Shakshuka is a healthy breakfast recipe which can also serve as lunch, in the same vein, its good for a perfect dinner; meanwhile, in most cases, you already have all the ingredients to make this mouth-watering dish at home.
Why not give the family a treat with this simple homemade dish. It’s filling and nourishing, though, it is quite tasty and cannot be resisted when served.
This traditional food is a common recipe in Israel and most parts of the Middle East and North Africa. The name plainly means “a mixture” basically; the traditional style makes use of onions, tomatoes, and spices to form the base topping up with poached eggs.
Shakshuka Experience in Nigeria
My Experience concerning this recipe, when I first had the name, I started laughing is like (which one is shaku-shaku again for food) but, I must confess after eating this delicious powerful food I decided to share this recipe. So, after laughing you will always want to make this dish again and again.
How to make Shakshuka
- 6 large eggs
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium size onions diced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 medium size cans tomatoes paste (28-ounce)
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 2 medium size potatoes chopped
- First of all, wash and dice all vegetables
- Secondly, heat your vegetable oil in a sauté pan or frying pan after that, pour in the onions and red bell pepper, stir fry for about 4 minutes.
- Thirdly, pour in the garlic and potatoes cook for 2 minutes, and then add the tomato paste using a larger spoon to break it down into the other ingredients.
- Fourthly, add spices, pepper, and salt to taste, and bring sauce to bubble.
- In addition, use a large spoon and create holes in the sauce then crack the eggs into each hole. Don’t stir but cover and allow cooking for another 5 – 7 minutes, else until eggs are well cook to your liking.
- Finally, garnish with finely chopped parsley.
Serve and Enjoy with bread, pancake, and plantain.
SEO title preview:Shakshuka – Nigerian Tomato and Poached Egg Sauce – besthomedietUrl preview:https://besthomediet.com › shakshuka-nigerian-tomato-and-poached-egg-sauce
Meta description preview:Shakshuka is a delicious and simple dish of tomatoes, onions, potato, paprika, salt, spices, and poached eggs finely combined together to form shakshuka. VisibilityPublishPost FormatStick to the Front PagePending ReviewURL
Previewhttps://besthomediet.com/shakshuka-nigerian-tomato-and-poached-egg-sauce/(opens in a new tab)FOODENTERTAINMENTHEALTHLIFESTYLESMOOTHIESUncategorizedWEIGHT LOSS PLANAdd New TagBest shakshuka recipe (1 of 7)Best shakshuka recipeEast shakshuka recipe (2 of 7)East shakshuka recipeIsraeli shakshuka recipe (3 of 7)Israeli shakshuka recipeshakshuka (4 of 7)shakshukashakshuka recipe (5 of 7)shakshuka recipesimple shakshuka recipe (6 of 7)simple shakshuka recipeTomato and poached egg recipe (7 of 7)Tomato and poached egg recipeSeparate with commas
Show sharing buttons. Search for a block