Spaghetti with beans recipe is a delicious dish you will enjoy, just take a bold step and give it a try you will definitely love. I bet, so many people are probably not used to this combo but trust me it’s one of my favorites.
So many people would prefer to combine either spaghetti or beans with rice as it seems to be one of the most sought-after combos. This time let’s give beans and spaghetti the chance.
It is most suitable when prepared separately; with the spaghetti prepared as white and also the beans prepared separately, but not in the Jollof way.
It is a simple meal, and as well very easy to prepare, it can be served as either breakfast or launch. It is a perfect diet with a combination of carbohydrate and protein.
However, homemade spaghetti with black beans is another method of preparing this delicacy or spaghetti with beans instead of meat. Whichever brand of beans used for this recipe is fine since it high on protein and fiber
There is also beans pasta and people will always ask is beans pasta healthy? Well beans based pasta is another nice option because they contain more protein, fiber, vitamins and mineral compare to white pasta.
Similarly, you can cook beans with tomatoes, as adding tomatoes to beans helps bring out its sweetness.
How to Make Spaghetti with Beans
- ½ pack of spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt (optional)
For the Beans
- 2 cups of beans
- 1 medium-size onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
Serve with Tomato Stew
- First of all, in a deep pot, bring water to heat, pour in the spaghetti paste, and add oil and salt; allow cooking until the spaghetti is soft and tender.
- Next is to pour in a sieve and allow water to drain, and then return it back to pot, cover, and set aside.
- Secondly, pick the beans in case there are any particles or dirt; in another pot boil water and pour in the beans, cover, and allow cooking. Although beans take a longer time to cook unlike pasta, so cook till the beans are completely soft.
- Finally, is the tomato stew, for this recipe I already have a bowl of stew in the freezer. I only remove from the freezer allow defrosting before microwaving my chicken tomato stew to serve the pasta and beans.
Serve and enjoy a tasty and delicious spaghetti and beans dish.