Spring Rolls Wrappers – Spring Roll Recipe Nigeria
Spring rolls are basically stuffed vegetables (spring) wrapped in rolls, moreover, its popularly called small chops in Nigeria mainly served as spring roll appetizer in weddings, parties, and events.
Certainly, this veg spring roll is tasty and wakes up your appetite the moment it gets to you, it’s a healthy snack that can be easily prepared at home it’s simply good food.
Meanwhile, spring rolls recipe historically originated from Asian, but best celebrated by Nigerians in virtually all occasions and events, taste nice is crunchy, crispy and usually golden brown when deep fried.
Summer rolls are kids favorite when packed in their lunch bag, they never get tired of eating this delicious snack, and I also love it especially with minced chicken fillings.
Chicken spring rolls are high in omega-3 fatty acid, on the other hand, it also contains fiber, and the fresh vegetables are rich in vitamins required for optimal body function.
How to make spring rolls and wrappers – Spring Roll
Ingredients for Spring Roll
- ½ pound minced chicken breast or beef
- 1 medium-size bunch cabbage grated
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 4 large sized carrots scraped and grated
- 1 small size onion finely diced
- 2 cubes of seasoning
- ½ teaspoon curry
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 8 pieces roll wrappers (click here for spring roll sheet where to buy)
For the seal (flour mix)
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of water
To make wrappers
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of water
In making this batter for wrapper what is actually need is thin sizes.
- Get a clean bowl, pour in the flour, corn starch, salt, and vegetable oil then mix properly before adding water.
- Ensure batter has a flowing texture most importantly batter should be smooth.
- Use a non-stick frying pan, either with a brush or tissue paper and lightly grease the frying pan and place on a low heat cooker.
- If you have cooking brush just brush in the batter into the frying pan and fry both sides if not then use a spoon.
- Pour in 1 teaspoon of the batter into the frying pan and gradually spread the batter all over the pan the way we use to make easy crepe recipe and fry.
Keep repeating the process until you finish the mixture, then set aside for later use.
Method of preparing spring rolls
- First of all, in a clean pot, pour in the grated cabbage, carrots, salt, and 1 cube seasoning and boil for 2 minutes then remove from heat and drain the water, above all, I like my vegetables crunchy not over cooked.
- Secondly, pour little vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat, stir in the diced onions and the minced chicken fry until chicken changes color, thereafter, and add the remaining cube, black pepper, and curry continue to stir fry for 1 minute.
- Thirdly, stir in all drained vegetables and the green bell pepper and stir fry for about 2 minutes before removing from heat, then, allow cooling.
- Fourthly, for the seal, mix 1 tablespoon flour with 2 tablespoons of water to from paste for sealing.
- Finally, all ingredients is ready for use, we start by spreading out the roll wrapper, then add the filling (cabbage mixture), and gently fold all ingredients together, then seal the mouth is ready for fry.
- In conclusion, heat the vegetable oil hot as you fry the rolls until golden brown, remove from fire to a sieve or paper towel to drain.
Consequently, it can be baked in the oven, preheat the oven at 200C. Spread the roll on a baking tray; endeavor to brush out with oil before baking for about 15 minutes.
Serve spring rolls with puff puff and enjoy!