Turmeric rice recipe is just another method of adding beautiful yellow color to your rice, adding turmeric to a dish is very simple and easy to cook delicious food.
Spice up your taste buds with a bit of color combination either with turmeric rice and vegetables, Mediterranean turmeric, or Nigerian turmeric rice and stew recipe popularly called yellow rice.
Basically, there are different ways of using turmeric spice for spicy dishes like making perfect turmeric fried rice, cooking Jollof rice with turmeric, or Vegan turmeric rice recipe.
Moreover, homemade one pot recipe full of flavor with turmeric and curry chicken stew as a side dish is quick and easy to cook for the family over the weekend, so display more colors on your plate.
How to Make Turmeric Rice Recipe
In other to make turmeric rice you can use fresh turmeric root or already made powdered turmeric spice in cooking colorful recipes, Turmeric powder spices are sold in places like Spar or Shoprite.
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch of salt
- Chicken tomato stew
- Baked chicken laps
Ingredients for Turmeric stew
- 1 kg of chicken
- ½ kg fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup scotches bonnet pepper (Atarodo)
- 100kg tomato paste
- 2 medium-size onions
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 2 teaspoon crayfish
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
Directions for Cooking Turmeric Rice
- First of all, parboil the raw rice, after that, wash return back to the pot, then add pinch of salt and turmeric powder with enough quantity of water and cook until soft, at this point the color has changed to bright yellow.
- Secondly, wash your tomatoes, onions, pepper, and blend, pour into a pot and boil to dry excess water.
- Thirdly, wash your chicken place in a pot, then spice with chopped onions, curry, thyme, seasoning cubes, and salt, then cook to tender.
- Finally, in a pot heat the vegetable oil, stir in the sliced onion and fry, thereafter; pour in boiled tomatoes and tomato paste and fry for 20-25 minutes.
- Lastly, pour in the chicken and stock, add spices with little water and cook for another 10 minutes, taste salt and remove from heat.
At this point, your delicious turmeric rice and stew is ready
Serve hot and enjoy!