In Nigeria there are different ways you can enjoy watermelon like the slush drink, the weather is so hot you just need watermelon slushy to relax the day.
Basically, slush also refers to as slushie, slushy, or slushee is a frozen flavored fruit drink that is healthy, in the same vein, it’s quite tasty and easy to prepare at home.
Certainly, slushee is another version of ice cream using a fruit, there are times you just want some ice cream especially when the hot summer gets intense scooping this frozen watermelon ice cream is just the best option.
I love making watermelon slushie recipe with leftover watermelons in the freezer, simply remove from freezer already chopped seedless watermelon and blend to make your smoothie.
Moreover, consuming this fruit not only help you get refresh but, equally has great health benefits likewise, is a nutrient pack-load food see Watermelon Calories.
Meanwhile, watermelon is a good source of antioxidant that guard against free radicals in the body, also rich in vitamins, minerals and low in calories, fat-free and cholesterol free.
How to Freeze Watermelon for Slushy
Watermelon when freeze stays as long as 8 – 12 months retaining it freshness when properly stored, follow the instruction below to store your watermelon in the freezer.
- Chop watermelon into smaller chunks or cubes
- Remove the seeds
- Spread out the pieces on a tray pan not allowing then to touch each other
- Then put the tray pan into the freezer so that it will quick freeze for some hours
- Finally transfer all to a zipper storage bag or a safe container and return back to the freezer for as long as 8 months or more.
How to make watermelon slushy
- 2 cups of seedless watermelon
- 1 tablespoon of lime or lemon (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sugar or honey
- ½ cup ice
- First of all, get your blender ready, after that remove frozen watermelon from the freezer.
- Secondly, place all ingredients into the blender and blend on a high-speed until smooth
- Thirdly, pour out the smoothie on a glass cups and serve.
Serve and enjoy!