White rice recipe is a rice dish perfectly cooked to tender without any difficulty chewing your food and finely garnish with curry cabbage side dish with chicken or beef stew.
On the other hand, curried cabbage is a classic cuisine of cabbage spiced with curry seasoning that can be served over a bowl of Spanish white rice, chicken or noodles.
Basically, when cooking white rice the water ration is equally necessary else you may end up making sticky rice that is too soft (popularly called Akamu rice in Nigeria) or rice not well-cooked that still requires some little amount to water to be properly cooked.
Perfect white rice can also be cooked using a microwave, rice cooker or on a stove, similarly, some spices might be added in other to make it more interesting when eaten this delicious meal.
How to Make White Rice Recipe
- 2 cups of rice (long-grain or Basmati rice)
- Unsalted butter (optional)
Ingredient for Curried Cabbage
- 1 small-size fresh cabbage
- 4 pieces of carrots
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Shredded chicken (optional)
Method of Preparing white Rice
- The first step, in a pot or saucepan, bring water to boil and pour in the raw rice and parboil for the next 5-7 minutes, remove from heat sieve out the water and rinse severally before returning back to the sieve.
- Secondly, pour in 2 cups of water into the pot and bring to heat, pour in the parboiled rice, add salt and butter although these two are optional stir and cover, then cook to tender as the water is finally absorbed, at this point reduce the heat.
- Thirdly, scrap your carrots after that, grate and set aside,
- Thinly slice the cabbage and equally keep aside.
If there is shredded chicken cut your onion, mince ginger and garlic and use 1 spoon of oil to sauté for 2 minutes, add the chicken and stir fry to soften, add salt and curry.
- Lastly, mix all vegetables in a bowl including the fried chicken sprinkle your curry into it and mix properly, when ready to serve add Mayonnaise and mix with cabbage.
Serve and enjoy perfectly cooked white rice with curried cabbage and stew.