Cauliflower fried rice is a delicious and incredible low carb vegetable that can be eating in place of starchy carbohydrate rice, in other words, cauliflower fried rice is a healthy diet that can be easily prepared and served as fried rice, in a curry side dish or as plain rice.
Meanwhile, when I first learnt about these florets it sounds so strange to me eating a cauliflower just like rice but, I must confess after making this nutritious superfood for dinner, I am recommending it to each and everyone to try it out and you will love it.
Similarly, cauliflower is a good source of antioxidants that guard against cancer cells. It contains low calories which are perfect for those on weight loss diet as well as lower blood sugar in diabetic patients.
Furthermore, the fiber also aids good bowel movement while, the choline content is important for retentive memory, there are other vitamins content such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, folate, potassium, thiamin, magnesium, likewise helps reduce cholesterol level because of the low-fat content. Never the less cauliflower equally contains protein.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
There are three simple methods that can be used in making these florets cauliflower rice grain they are as follows;
- Grater- it’s either the box holes grater or the flat grater whichever comes handy should be used in shredding the cauliflower into smaller pieces like a rice grain.
- Chef knife – cauliflower can be chop into grain using a knife
- Food processor- cut and place cauliflower inside the food processor as it shreds into grain rice size.
Hence, using any of this technique enables you achieve a good result of transforming cauliflower into a rice grain pieces and ready for use.
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
This fried rice is very easy to make and serve on a shortest possible minutes you can ever think off, below is how to make cauliflower fried rice recipe.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic well minced
- ½ cup carrot well dice
- ¾ cup canned peas or fresh
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon spring onions
- Salt to taste
- First of all, rinse your cauliflower after that use a knife and cut off the outer layers.
- Secondly, use a food processor, holes grater or chef knife to cut the cauliflower into a rice grain size.
- Thirdly, heat the skillet pan spray with oil once is hot stir fry finely minced garlic, carrot, and green peas for about 3 minutes before adding the cauliflower then stir to mix properly.
- Add the soy sauce, paprika and salt stir fry
- At this point create a space at the center of your frying pan then add a spoon of vegetable oil.
- Break the egg quickly into the center as if you are making scrambled egg and stir after 1 minute.
- Finally, stir cauliflower rice together with the egg and other ingredients as it now crispy fry rice.
- In addition, sprinkle your spring onions to garnish your food.
Serve and enjoy your cauliflower fried rice recipe.