Chicken Drumsticks in Oven – Nigerian Baked Chicken Legs
Drumsticks in oven is another simple method to bake chicken laps in oven, what an appetizing marinated juicy, and tender meat the entire family will love to eat for lunch or dinner.
Baked chicken drumsticks are one recipe that you will always bake to perfection with whatever ingredients chosen or what you have in the kitchen, a delicious dish packed with incredible flavor.
Chicken drumstick popularly known as chicken laps in Nigeria is one part of the chicken most people love to eat when compare to chicken breast and chicken wings. Chicken laps are high protein food also needed for optimal body function.
Drumsticks in oven can also be called oven-fried chicken legs which can easily be incorporated as a side dish on your food menu for the day.
How to make Chicken Drumsticks in Oven – Baked Chicken Legs
- 6 chicken drumsticks (Chicken laps Orobo)
- 2 Knorr seasoning cubes
- ½ teaspoon curry
- ½ teaspoon thyme (Re-blend to powder and sieve)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
Instructions on How to Make Chicken Drumsticks – Baked Chicken Laps
- The first step is to wash and clean up the chicken, and also remove tiny feathers from the chicken legs as you wash.
- Place the washed chicken laps on a big bowl, add your crushed Knorr cubes, curry, thyme, onion powder, olive oil, black pepper and salt to taste, mix properly with the chicken.
- Thirdly, get a foil paper and cover the bowl of spiced chicken meat or use a plastic airtight bag and put the chicken zip and refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate, you can also prepare and allow marinating overnight.
- The process of marinating allows the spicy ingredients to penetrate into the chicken legs, thereby improving the taste to a savory dish.
- Preheat the oven to bake at 180°C or 320F after that, gently place your marinated chicken drumsticks on the oven rack and bake for 35 – 40 minutes while turning the drumsticks every now and then to avoid being burnt one-sided.
- When the drumstick is finally well-cooked use your cooking brush and coat with barbecue sauce and return back to oven and grill for 10 minutes before applying the final coating of barbecue sauce.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 5 minutes and off the heat allow sitting for another 5 minutes then serve.
Homemade drumsticks in oven can best be enjoyed either alone with a glass of juice or with other delicacies as it forms a side dish.
Serve and enjoy!