Creamy cucumber salad, they call it the German cucumber salad it’s crunchy, tasty, and a delicious side dish that is best served with baked fish and chips.
Moreover, cucumber is one vegetable you will always find in your fridge, so, go ahead and give the family a treat of different version of salad they will love and request for more at all times.
Basically, creamy cucumber salad is slightly different from the usual salad we all know and healthy too, because all ingredients are raw and fresh except mayonnaise but, you can go for sour cream (reduce fat) in place of mayonnaise buy at Spar Supermart.ng
Consequently, creamy cucumber salad contains very few ingredients commonly find at home and does not require any special shopping before preparing it.
How to make Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 3 medium-sizes of fresh cucumber
- 1 small size sweet white onion or yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed (optional)
- First of all wash your cucumber in running water, after that, peel the skin and thinly slice the cucumber in round shapes into a bowl then set aside, wash your white onions and dice ready for use.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, pour in the mayonnaise or sour cream, add in the vinegar, sugar, and dried dill and then whisk properly ensure the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Thirdly, pour in the diced onions and slice cucumber into the mixture and gently turn to mix very well.
- Finally, quietly cover and put inside the fridge to rest for like 1 hour thereafter you can now serve as a side dish with your chosen meal.
Simple, easy and fastest way of making the best creamy cucumber salad the Nigerian recipe that cannot be resisted when dish out to your family, friends, and guest.
Serve and enjoy!!