Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it is better to choose a good breakfast meal, in other words, healthy breakfast like toast bread and chicken with a cup of tea or coffee.
In Nigerian simple breakfast recipe is what people look out for when considering what to eat in the morning, while some families have breakfast timetable which makes it easier.
However, some Nigerians would rather eat leftover food from previous day, because they don’t want the stress of cooking something else or basically, that is what they have at the moment.
Similarly, some don’t even have any breakfast idea as to what the family will eat in the morning, always plan ahead or go for a fast and simple recipe.
Reasons not to skip breakfast
These are the following reasons not to skip your morning food;
- Eating morning food energizes you, on the other hand, boost immune that enables proper functioning of the entire body. Certainly, we all need energy, and the ability to think well in other to function well, therefore, don’t under-estimate what morning food does to the body.
- It helps control appetite, once you skip morning food don’t be surprise the rate at which you crave for anything that passes by, consequently, you end up eating too much lunch to augment the skipped morning food.
- Healthy breakfast menu is usually pack load with vitamins and minerals in dairy products, moreover, whole grains and fruits are great ideas for morning food.
- Food rich in fiber aids good digestive system and is considered perfect for morning food.
- A healthy lifestyle helps you choose a well-balanced diet and when deciding on what to eat in the morning since it doesn’t allow skipping of meals.
As the saying goes a hunger man is an angry man don’t starve yourself or people around you.
How to Make Nigerian Breakfast – Toast Bread and Chicken
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 raw eggs
- 2 medium sizes carrots
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¼ cup of sweet corn
- 1 medium-size green pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation –Toast Bread and Chicken
- First, wash the carrots and green pepper before you dice and set them aside
- Secondly, heat the frying pan then add your vegetable oil after that pour in the already diced green pepper and carrots stir fry for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Thirdly, in a bowl break your egg whisk and add salt to taste, stir in the eggs and sweet corn into the frying mixture, fry for another 45 seconds, and remove from heat.
- Fourthly, glaze both sides of the toaster with butter, sit one slice of bread on each side of your toaster then fill in the fried mixture at the center of the bread before covering with another slice of bread.
- Finally, cover the toaster and toast your bread, generally, most toasters switch off on its own when the bread is well cooked and the color turns golden brown.
Chicken marinated with tomatoes
In most cases, there is leftover chicken stew in the fridge retrieve from the freezer and microwave, and use it to serve your breakfast if there is none then cook fresh spice chicken and marinate with fried tomatoes.
Serve and enjoy with a cup tea or coffee.