Orange Juice Cake is a moist and fruity delicious cake recipe that is perfect for any occasion. It is baked with orange juice and its zest commonly refers to as whole orange cake recipe.
The sweet thing about making a cake with orange juice is that you can easily add a new twist to the recipe any time you decide to bake it; especially when your culinary skills are often sought after.
However, I recommend using fresh oranges for this cake. The freshly juiced orange combine with the orange peel gives it that flavorful orange taste.
Homemade orange cake recipe with orange juice and peel is very easy to make from scratch. Delight your family and guest with this old fashioned cake recipe.
Can I use Orange Juice instead of water in the cake mixture?
Yes you can conveniently use orange juice in place of water when mixing your batter; and the cake still turns out perfectly. On the other hand, orange juice can be used with sugar to make the frosting.
Similarly, orange juice can also be substituted with apple juice, lemon, pineapple, and lime juice when baking cakes depending on the preferred flavor chosen.
How to Make Orange Juice Cake Recipe
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour + Extra for dusting
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil or Unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 fresh orange (Juice + Zest) or 1 cup leftover orange juice
- 100g sugar
- First and foremost, in a bowl, sieve the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda; and then mix to combine properly set aside.
- Secondly, preheat the oven at 175º C and then grease your cake pan slightly with butter after that dust with flour.
- Thirdly, in a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until it is creamy and fluffy.
- If you are using a cake mixer; pour in the vegetable oil, slice and deseed oranges, eggs, and mix. In case you don’t have a mixer, use a food processor or blender to blend whole fresh orange until completely pureed.
- The next step is to gradually add the eggs taking it one at a time. Then add the orange juice and orange peel then mix together.
- Finally, pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or more until toothpick pears into the cake, comes out clean.
Allow cooling before you serve either as cake breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Serve and enjoy!