Beer Can Chicken is another way of grilling, baking, and roasting chicken on a sitting position on top of a beer can as it’s been cooked to perfection.
It’s tasty and delicious, on the other hands, is very easy to cook at home with whatever spices you have, served with Creamy Cucumber Salad what a great combination and good food.
Moreover, beer can chicken does not necessarily mean the chicken must be cooked with a beer; rather, the can is needed because it is inserted into the chicken butt to enable it to sit properly. Similarly, the can contains little amount of liquid that helps tender the meat as it cooks.
However, some uses can beer to prepare their chicken, but, for this recipe, I used can Schweppes ginger ale to bake this chicken on the throne.
The Nigerian dancing chicken are those whole chicken, we usually see in some eateries rolling on a machine (chicken Rotisserie Machine) with light all over the machine keeping it warm at all time.
Meanwhile, as kids we always refer to it as somersaulting chicken laugh out loud, beer can chicken is also called beer butt chicken, barbecue chicken, and drunken chicken.
Baked Beer Can Chicken Nutritional Value
Healthy food and a good source of protein that helps the body build muscles and maintain muscle mass, chicken is carbohydrate free, low-fat food and contains vitamin B6, B12, selenium, and phosphorus.
Must You Use Beer to Cook The Chicken?
No, as I said earlier I used Schweppes ginger ale, in the same vein, you can use citrus soda or even can coke to bake, grill, or roast your chicken.
How to Make Beer Can Chicken
- 1 (3- pound) whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Can Schweppes ginger ale
- First of all, remove chicken neck and giblets and rinse the chicken in running water and drain.
- Secondly, open the can Schweppes ginger ale; reduce the content to half, after that, fit in the whole chicken into the can from the bottom on sitting position legs down.
- Thirdly, in a bowl mix the salt, vegetable oil, thyme, and black pepper together, thereafter, rub the mixture all over the chicken, in the same manner; pour 1 teaspoon of the mixture through the neck cavity of the chicken.
- Fourthly, when the can Schweppes ginger ale starts form as it cooks the mixture penetrates into the chicken with a good ginger aroma.
- Finally, gently place the chicken on the oven using the legs as support while on a sitting position, bake on a moderate heat for about 1 hour 20 minutes at this point the color turns golden brown, use a knife to pears if it gives way it’s properly cooked.
- In conclusion, all to rest for another 10 minutes before removing the can Schweppes ginger ale.
Here comes the spicy, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside chicken.
Serve and enjoy!!!